HIS BEST TWO YEARS

Behold, I send you out to reprove the world of all their unrighteous deeds, and to teach them of a judgment which is to come.....And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday April 4th-First email from Mexico

So i am sorry that i didn´t have time to check my email before i left the mtc. and if my typing is different it is because the keyboards are different.

Leaving the mtc was weird. me and my companion were the last ones to leave in our district so it was a little weird but leaving was weird the night before was hard because it started to set in that i am leaving. but the flight was ok it was pretty rough that they didn´t let us out of our seats only unless you couln´t hold it any longer. then we landed and before we meet the mission president there was the leaving missionaries in the terminal. so we talked to them for a little bit but then headed down and meet our mission president. He didn´t say much at first but that was ok. then we instantly drove across the border and worked out another visa thing. i think the visa i have now is only good for a couple of weeks, and the one that i will get should be about a year long.

We then made our way through traffic to the mission office. got sat down by the APs and told more rules. then walked up to the mission home for lunch. there are two rules that i think will have a hard time with and they are no COKE. and it is everywhere. and the second is every missionary needs a comb-over. well everyone needs a part in their hair.

I came here with two other missionary and all three of us got native companions. oh yea today is my p day for now on. so my companion is from Monteray Mexico and doesn´t speak English. and the first thing that he said to me is that i am huge. but he is pretty cool guy.

Tijuana is so big. we drove for about twenty mins to our area. we have terrazas here in Tijuana. and our zone is the most successful in the whole mission. my first day here after i unpacked some of my stuff, because our apartment just barley got the electricity(lights) turned back on yesterday, then went and talked to some investigators.

There are six adults living in one house with four kids. but anyways they committed to be baptized. My first baptism was yesterday, a girl named Ruth and she is fourteen. But i am running out of time i only have half an hour to type. but know that i am fine, little frustrated with the language and other things but i am alright.

until next time,
and remember,
everybody loves a missionary,
Elder olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment